Designing Your Perfect Wardrobe Configuration
How to optimise your wardrobe space
The storage options inside all our wardrobes include hanging rails, drawers, shelves and sliding shoe trays. If space is at a premium or you have a lot of clothes to fit into your choice of wardrobe, you’ll need to think carefully about your configuration choices. Here are our top tips to help you make the most of your fabulous furniture by maximising on usable space:
- Most people need a hanging rail somewhere in their wardrobe or cupboard, but take note of the kind of items you’ll need to be hanging, and plan the height accordingly. If you wear a lot of dresses or formal wear, you’ll need a full-length hanging space to avoid crushing your clothes. If you’re mainly hanging tops, shirts or children’s clothing, you could make the most of the space and have a shorter handing space with drawers or shelves underneath.
- Anyone who likes to see all their options when it comes to footwear could benefit from our sliding shoe trays, which allow you to see exactly what you’ve got without getting everything out or rummaging through. Consider having these in place of a drawer, placed low down in your wardrobe for easy access.
- High shelves are great for storing items you don’t need all year round, such as winter jumpers or extra bedding. You can make the most of the height of your room by choosing one of our Emperor wardrobes, which are specially designed for larger bedrooms and come in stately proportions with 1-4 doors.
- Drawers, either behind the wardrobe doors or below them, are a good way to store smaller garments such as underwear, socks and t-shirts. Invest in some drawer organisers so you know where everything is when you need it.
Consider how many people will be using the wardrobe and whether you need a ‘his and hers’ section designed according to those different ways of using the storage space.
- Not only are our beautiful oak wardrobes carefully handcrafted using stunning natural woods, we also like to give you as many options as possible. Choose the material, the finish and the internal layout to suit your lifestyle and needs, to create a functional piece of furniture that will last a lifetime. View our range of handmade wooden wardrobes online, or request a free brochure.