Do you struggle to sleep when its hot?
Lack of sleep when its hot is a common issue for many households throughout the UK.
If this sounds like you, then following the steps below to improve the quality of your sleep during the summer months.
1) During the day leave blinds and curtains shut and doors open to keep the house as cool as possible
2) Before going to sleep have a cool shower to help lower your body temperature
3) Put a container full of ice in front of a fan to create a cooler cross breeze
4) Wear minimal clothing in bed so that your skin is in contact with the bed sheets only
5) Don't use a heavy duvet with a high tog rating
6) Buy some 100% natural cotton fibre sheets. As you perspire during the night natural fibre sheets breathe and absorb the moisture
7) Dress the bed in light colours - dark sheets will attract the heat
8) Drink lots of water. If you are dehydrated you are more likely to have a headache, which could disrupt your sleep
9) Stick to your usual bed time, so you don't disturb your body and its circadian rhythm
Find out more about Us
Revival beds are a UK bed manufacture based in Nottinghamshire.